Lately i am more and more into calm spaces.
Soft colours, lots of whites, beautiful cushions and not too decorated.
Of course, i still love decoration and can't live without it to be honest, but i think a few beautiful pieces are always better than lots of them.
Let the beautiful decoration you have really shine and give them some space!
Now over to the kitchen...
Although i am no kitchen princess at all, i love having a beautiful and nicely decorated kitchen.
I love having all kinds of nice, coloured plates, cups and tins everywhere in my kitchen.
These colourful kitchens are very inspiring...
Of course, a beautiful calm kitchen with lots of whites and other soft colours can also be very pretty.
My musthaves for my home:
- Beautiful, girly art (take a look at Etsy!)
- Lots of whites and other soft colours like creme and soft pinks and greens.
- Beautiful, secondhand plates and cups. Preferably with flowers on them. (Take a look in secondhand- en thriftshops for gorgeous ones!)
- Gorgeous white bedsheets...
- Flowers! I prefer white and light pink flowers...
- Vintage tins, very pretty for your kitchen!
- Some lace; lace curtains, lacey cushions or other lace things. So sweet...
- Old, vintage lamps. I love it when lamps are a little damaged.
- Something with birds. I am really into birds lately, not the real ones though...
- Beautiful old-fashioned wallpaper (Look at Louise Body's wallpapers!)
- Some ethnic decoration, like little, chinese vases or a beautiful Buddha.
- Lots and lots of books (also old ones from secondhand shops!) Books are so important in my life and they also look beautiful.
What are your home essentials?
Almost all of the pictures above come from these gorgeous and inspiring blogs:
Lena Corwins blog
Design is mine
Desire to inspire